• Join us on
Christ Episcopal Church
Hampton Road, Sag Harbor, NY 11963
5
Average: 5 (1 vote)

Christ Episcopal Church

We are dedicated to an Interfaith collegial ministry and have exceptional relationships with our neighboring temple, Temple Adas Israel and the Christian churches in our area.  We partner with them to serve the homeless, here at Christ Church, (through Maureen’s Haven) We have been serving the homeless for over five years. 

We love serving the Sag Harbor community year round. We host a calendar of community events in and outside of the church, such as outdoor movies and art shows. If you are anyone is interested in renting the great lawn for a special affair, please contact us at 631.725.0128. 

In 1917, Mrs. Aldrich gave a very special gift in memory of her husband, a beautiful Tiffany Studio stained glass window depicting Jesus as a boy conversing with the elders in the temple. The window is illuminated from within the church every night in memory of the Aldrich Family. The Parish Hall was a gathering place for civic activities. Part of our history is hosting a space for USO type military dinners and dancing during and post WWll.

In 1912, James Herman Aldrich donated the present parish hall which, at the time, was the largest meeting place in Sag Harbor. In 1914, Mary Gertrude Edson Aldrich had the Rectory (a small Tudor mansion for the priest) built and furnished in memory of her mother.

In 1882, Mr. and Mrs. James Herman Aldrich (Mary Gertrude Edson) from Manhattan purchased property in North Haven/Sag Harbor and built a summer estate located on the water and named it “Maycroft.” When summering in North Haven, the Aldriches took a great interest in Christ Church, and their generosity included the expansion of the sanctuary in 1893.

In 1845 a group of Episcopalians founded the first Episcopal Church on the South Fork.  For almost fifty years they used other buildings, in 1883 they purchased the current property from the Winter’s family.  The Winters relocated their house up 114 and the church was built on the old house foundation.

Staff

  • Rector - The Rev. Karen Ann Campbell
  • Organist & Choir Director - Dr. Daniel Koontz
  • Church Administrator & Vestry Secretary  - Gayle Heine

Wardens & Vestry

  • Senior Warden '16 - Tom Thorpe
  • Junior Warden '16 - JoAnne Carter
  • Treasurer - Christopher Kelley
  • Clerk '17 - David Bray
  • Vestry '17 - Robert Montogomery
  • Vestry '17 - Robert Chaloner
  • Vestry '18 - Suzanne McNear

Committees

Building & Grounds - Kirby Marcantonio

Hospitality- 

  • Evelyn DeVito
  • Diane Schimmer
  • Jane Lubben
  • Indira Roth
  • Kirby Marcantonio

Altar Guild-

  • Susan Thorpe
  • Ted Littleford
  • Gayle Heine
  • Pat McDonnell

Movie Night -

  • Kirby Marcantonio
  • Ted Littleford

Yard Sale - Diane Schimmer

Christmas Fundraiser - 

  • Susan Thorpe
  • Nancy Heine
  • Ted Littleford
  • David Bray
  • JoAnne Carter
  • Carol Spencer
  • Diane Schimmer
  • Kirby Marcantonio
  • Whitney Hanson
  • Suzanne McNear

Phantom Ball - 

  • Evelyn DeVito
  • Diane Schimmer
  • Kirby Marcantonio
  • Susan Coursey
  • Ted Littleford

* If you would like to serve please contact the 631-725-0128

Share this: